Lemon, Eucalyptus Globulus, Tea Tree and Lemongrass.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is a type of toxic mold, commonly referred to as black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum. It often accompanies water damage and can be extremely toxic to anyone or any living thing exposed to it.
Even though it is called black mold, the mold itself is actually a greenish-black color and may have a bumpy appearance. Because it is caused by water damage, the top layer is often slimy to the touch. However, keep an eye out for a powdery form when the water dries up.
We created this blend based on several studies on aromatics to eradicate black mold. Suggested that you wear gloves and possibly a mask.
Symptoms of Black Mold
As mentioned previously, black mold is very toxic to humans and animals. Not only can you visually identify the mold, but there are also some symptoms and warning signs that you can keep an eye out for that can help identify that you have a black mold problem:
Fatigue, headaches, tiredness
Difficulty concentrating or paying attention
Coughing or sneezing excessively
Mental impairment (memory loss)
Skin inflammation (red itchy eyes, mouth or nose)
Damage to internal organs
Some of these seem minor, but there are symptoms that are very serious and need to be checked out immediately. Not only are these ailments bothersome, but the black mold can also cause permanent damage to your health. If the mold is not found and taken care of immediately, you can certainly suffer long term medical issues.
Identifying Black Mold
Not only can you see the mold to know it is there, but black mold also has a distinct smell to it. It smells very musty and a lot like mildew. Similar to other types of mold, black mold is very adept at finding many different places that it likes to call home.The mold can be located underneath carpet, behind wallpaper, on the furniture, roofing, under sinks, and other places that would normally come into contact with moisture.
Black Mold Growth
Even though it doesn’t grow as fast as other molds, it still only takes about a week for black mold to present itself. Once the mold grows, it forces out any other mold that is growing nearby and completely takes over the environment.
If you disturb the black mold, it will release spores that are not visible to the naked eye, mycotoxins will release into the air and drift throughout your home. The spores are very hardy and survive under conditions in which other types of mold cannot grow, such as dry environments. Once the spores land somewhere with water, that is when the mold starts to grow and spread.
$13.06 Regular Price